July was a bit of a bust as far as seeing shows went. Let’s be honest, there’s not a lot of summer theatre going on in Kamloops outside of X Fest, which I’ve been working on. I will give a special shout out to the folks doing “two bite bard – Shakespeare” for kids down at Riverside park. A group of us went down and saw their production of The Tempest and it was really fun. More importantly the group of kids sitting there watching got a good introduction to Shakespeare.
Now Hamlet & Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead are within their last week I am beginning to plan my August. It’s starting to look like I won’t be back in Vancouver til August 28 or 29, but I’ll be at the Edmonton Fringe and still try to catch a Vancouver show or two.
Here’s the August list:
1. School House Rock Live @ Edmonton Fringe
2. The Secret Love Lives of Ophelia @ Edmonton Fringe
3. Totem Figures @ Edmonton Fringe
4. Alls Well That Ends Well @ Bard on the Beach
5. Macbeth @ Little Mountain Studios (Limbo Circus)
6. Unidentified Human Remains and the Nature of True Love @ PTC Studios (Twenty-Something Theatre)